Weight Loss Surgery in Brownsville, TX
Start Your Weight Loss Journey With Dr. Carlos Barba
There are many factors that can determine a patient’s eligibility for a weight loss surgical procedure. Such surgeries should never be used as a type of “quick fix” to a weight issue, but should be carefully considered and diligently maintained once complete.
Dr. Carlos Barba specializes in weight loss surgery in Brownsville, TX and Harlingen, TX. Learn more about the different types of weight loss surgery, find out if you are a candidate and schedule your consultation today!
Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?
The following criteria is often used to help identify ideal candidates for a bariatric surgery:
- Individuals weighing more than 100 lbs. above their optimal body weight
- Those with a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher
- Patients with a BMI between 35 and 40 who also possess some sort of obesity-related health condition like heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.
- Individuals who have a documented history of unsuccessful weight loss programs or other weight loss methods
- Persons who are committed to making the necessary lifestyle changes after a weight loss surgery, including proper diet and exercise in addition to follow up care from a qualified health professional
- Patients with a solid support system to help them recover from weight loss surgery and continue to implement healthy lifestyle choices after surgery
- Those without an uncontrolled psychological condition
- Individuals who do not have any addictions to drugs or alcohol
Common Types of Surgical Weight Loss Procedures
There are several different options available to patients considering a weight loss surgery. The most common types of weight loss surgery include gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, and gastric banding. Learn more about each procedure performed by Dr. Barba.
It is always important to carefully consider each option in addition to discussing all questions and concerns with a weight loss surgical specialist. Call Carlos A. Barba, MD for more information or to schedule your consultation today!
Register for a Free Weight Loss Surgery Seminar at Our Office in Brownsville
Join us and take the first step toward the life you want to live! You’ll hear from one of our bariatric surgeons about benefits and options. There will also be time for Q&A after the seminar.
Want to E-Mail Us?
Send any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Bariatric Seminar Schedule