Our Health Library information does not replace the advice of a doctor. Please be advised that this information is made available to assist our patients to learn more about their health. Our providers may not see and/or treat all topics found herein.
Advance Care Planning
Learn about advance care planning
Advance care planning means that you plan ahead for your future health care. Even if you're healthy, it's important to make a plan in case the time comes when you aren't able to make decisions for yourself. If you have a serious health problem that is getting worse, making decisions now about end-of-life care can make things easier for you and your family. Clearly stating your wishes can help ease your mind. Our topics provide information about advance care planning, so you and your family can make sure you get the care you want.
Find out more about planning for your health care in topics such as:
- Advance Directive: What to Include
- Caregiver Support: Talking About Advance Care Planning
- Choosing a Health Care Agent
- Complications of Grief
- Coping When Your Child Is Near the End of Life
- Dementia: Legal Issues
- Diabetes: Making Medical Decisions as Your Health Changes
- Eldercare Mediation
- End-Stage Renal Disease
- Funeral Planning
- Grief and Grieving
- Grief Counseling
- Grief: Dealing With Feelings of Insecurity
- Grief: Helping Children Understand
- Grief: Losing a Loved One
- Grief: When Major Loss Challenges Your Beliefs
- Hospice Care
- Living Will
- Medicare Hospice Benefit
- Pain Control at the End of Life
- Palliative Care
- Physician-Assisted Death
- The Difference Between Hospice and Palliative Care
- Turning Off Your ICD
- Unresolved Grief
- Writing an Advance Directive
- Your Health Care Agent: How to Choose Someone
- Advance Care Planning: Should I Have Artificial Hydration and Nutrition?
- Advance Care Planning: Should I Receive CPR and Life Support?
- Advance Care Planning: Should I Stop Kidney Dialysis?
- Advance Care Planning: Should I Stop Treatment That Prolongs My Life?
- Kidney Failure: Should I Start Dialysis?
- Kidney Failure: What Type of Dialysis Should I Have?
- Kidney Failure: When Should I Start Dialysis?
To learn more about Healthwise, visit Healthwise.org.
© 1995-2021 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.